Actually two things were bound to happen.
One: I allowed myself to wallow a bit in how much I miss all of you aka my wonderful friends. Because the thing is this-my internship is wonderful and I love all of the places and opportunities available to me blah blah blah, but when you sit in Boston Common all on your own after 3 hours it gets a tad unsatisfying. I want someone here locked in to travel with me and have adventures. All of the friends I have made here have real lives outside of the museum where as I am more of a vacationer so I want to spend every weekend driving/exploring and they have to work other jobs or have boyfriends or husbands/kids. So yeah. Kind of frustrating.
Two: I had a really bad no good two days at the internship. Shocking, but inevitable. First I was given back my mini-essay thing that I've been writing for the curator and am now on my 5th, count 'em 5th DRAFT. Really the frustrating part is that the paragraphs that she said were fine before and now have many many edits. Unfriggin believable. Ok it's partly my fault because I haven't been asking enough questions to clarify exactly what she wants. Meh. Then today I gave a presentation about the differences between modern and contemporary art. Here's the thing, I asked to create/present it and then when I went to do it I realized I had no idea what I was doing, had a crisis of faith and generally freaked out. My supervisor kind of hi-jacked it because I went to her and kind of stared at her and whimpered in panic. This then resulted in me still really confused and having to give a presentation that I didn't make and well it was miserable. I'm going to stop there and refrain from getting all kinds of depressing in my pity-party as this could have all been fixed by me working on it earlier. Also everyone got to see stressed out Aimie and well it was a new experience.
Here's to happier days ahead, at least with a beer in my hand it seems that happier days are ahead :)
No comments:
Post a Comment