Thursday, March 1, 2012

The snow has come

This has been a strange week. A giant snow storm started yesterday and is still going. This would have caused me to be near panic attack levels but the head of public programs lives close to me and offered to cart me about. She is literally my hero.

Since she is driving me to and from the museum I go along with her to drop off her 3 year old daughter (Emmy) at daycare. The first morning we walked into the room and her best friend ran over, looked up at me and said "Are you Emmy's grandma?" I mean I know I have some white hairs but grandma? Not aunt, or neighbor or babysitter or anything age appropriate?! I suppose it was just my old soul shining out through my eyes.

Besides being mistaken for an old lady I have done nothing of note this week. Every project I started would quickly stagnate and leave me looking confused or at a dead end. I blame the snow. Post-Christmas snow is a waste. The magic is gone and there is no point but it makes driving deadly. Also it makes me nervous because, like I said it makes driving deadly.

That's all I've got. See strange week.

No comments:

Post a Comment